LEAP was in Lausanne - 2
Mon 04 April 2011
, Erica Van Ooyen
Self Leadership - Values - Authenticity - what does it take?
It all boils down to consciousness, authenticity and Self Leadership!
I was invited to present a workshop at IMD on New Leadership. To me New Leadership begins with Self Leadership: knowing what makes YOU tick! Your ambitions determine WHAT you do and where you go, your values determine HOW.
It's about consciousness. Working from your core values makes all the difference: it means that, regardless of what you (need to) do, you will stay close to yourself. This is particularly true in testing circumstances: one of the women at our table shared a story about a number of team members she had to lay off and how this was effecting her emotionally (she cried).
Where do we have our Focus, what do we do with Fear and are we Aligned with our heart? It's about clarity, commitment and communication (as TIARA says).
These are some of the values that popped up: - Accountability - Agility and flexibility - Authenticity - Consciousness - Courage to change - Curiosity - Emotions: allow your emotions to be part of you - Energy - Faith in the next step - Fun - Heart: create from the heart - Honesty and strictness without the other person losing face - Integrity - Optimism - Ownership - Purpose/learning - Resilience - Reflection - Respect for each other and the planet - Together (team spirit)
To me it's about finding my own South Pole (LEAP went to Lausanne -1), my core values are 1. abundance 2. authenticity & equinamity 3. freedom & choice 4. love & connection 5. trust & transparancy
Self Leadership is your Real Bottom Line - it begins with YOU! What are your 5 core values?
About the author
Erica Van Ooyen
Founder & Director
Blogs from this author
- Delusions of gender according to Cordelia Fine (27-10-2012)
- afasfas (12-10-2012)
- Dear Oscar: Women Have Stories, Too (02-03-2012)
- The math-girls (19-02-2012)
- Ontwikkelingen op gebied van mobiele apps (06-12-2011)
- LinkedIn group Diversity in Science and Technology (15-11-2011)
- My Chinese adventure.... (08-10-2011)
- Gender disparities in US's STEM (26-09-2011)
- Social Media: heeft iedereen iets te bieden. (12-07-2011)
- Queen bees en seksistische werksituaties (23-06-2011)
- Women in Technology - Let's keep the momentum NOW! (05-06-2011)
- LEAP was in Lausanne - 2 (04-04-2011)
- Leading from any chair (02-04-2011)
- Three stages in learning to say NO (08-11-2010)
- It's a whole lot easier when you do it together!! (20-08-2010)
- Barbie I can be....computer engineer! (21-03-2010)
- Glass ceilings, sticky floors and glass cliffs.... (12-03-2010)
- It's time for Womeninit, is it? (07-11-2009)